Innovagen Innova-Lean (L-Carnitine Base)
L-carnitine is an amino acid of natural origin, which performs a number important functions in the human body. It is also known as vitamin-like substance, but it is not a vitamin, because the body can produce it on its own.
L-carnitine levels in humans are homeostasis, it means that its excess amount is withdrawn by the organism. Is there such a need to take L-carnitine additionally in the form of a dietary supplement? A direct efficacy of this drug has not yet been proven by scientists, but numerous experiments indicate that it is on the placebo level.
L-carnitine was discovered in 1905, but its physiological role has been studied only in 1962. It was found that this substance transports fatty acids across the inner mitochondrial membrane. It is present in the human muscles and liver.
L-carnitine Functions and Peculiarities
- fat burning. L-carnitine, as a transport for fatty acids, may indirectly exert an impact on the process of fat burning.
- raise of energy. Recent scientific studies have shown that subjects who took 2 grams of L-carnitine for 6 months, observed a significant reduction in mental and physical fatigue. Moreover, they obtained an improved mood, tone and increased endurance.
- increased resistance to stress. This property of L-carnitine has also received confirmation from scientists who said that taking of this supplement also increases the adaptive capacity of the athlete's body.
- muscle growth. In the course of a long scientific tests it was found that athletes who took L-carnitine in the form of supplements, not only lost body fat, but also quickly gained muscle mass. The principle of this action has not yet been studied, but there is a theory according to which the carnitine is involved in the metabolism of phospholipids and improves the transport of fats, which could ultimately lead to a slight anabolic effect.
- lowering of cholesterol levels. Scientific evidence shows that L-Carnitine reduces the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood, which helps to clean the vessels and prevent strokes and heart attacks.
L-carnitine side effects
The effectiveness of high-dose intake of this supplement is questioned by many scientists, since research involving athletes found no positive change in their training. As it was mentioned above, carnitine is not accumulated in the body, so its excessive amount is successfully withdrawn from the body.
Compatibility with other food additives
L-carnitine is well combined with all the fat burners, increasing their positive action and reducing potential side effects. Moreover, carnitine can be combined with proteins and gainers during muscle mass gain. This will allow gaining more quality muscle mass without excess fat.
The most effective method of L-carnitine intake is its administration at a dose of 500mg to 2 grams (2000 mg) per day 30 minutes before the workout and in the morning on an empty stomach, since during these periods L-carnitine possesses a maximal activity. Scientists have found that the excessive dose leads neither to negative nor to positive effects. Thus, you take no more than 2 grams of L-carnitine per day, and only during the pre-training period. Intake of L-carnitine in a different time and / or exceeding of the recommended dosages are not justified and have no practical use.
How one can enhance the effect of L-carnitine?
The effect of L-carnitine intake can be greatly enhanced by using the right nutrition program and cutting workouts in the gym.